IMMIGRATION ADVICE CENTRE
457 WORKING VISAS
No! Australia has not cut out temporary residence work visas.
- Working visas for up to 4-years are still available and will be continuing
- The recent press announcements by the Australian Government related to the decision to drop the 457 visa and replace it with two separate working visa streams.
- Transition to full permanent residence will still be possible from the 4-year temporary residence visa stream.
- Occupations still available include Cooks, Marketing Specialists, Printing machinists etc.
(click to read more) 457 visas
- The Government announced some significant changes to Australian citizenship requirements, which are effective immediately from 20 April 2017
- The waiting time after the grant of permanent residence has increased from 12 months to 4 years.
- More strict requirements have been introduced relating to embracing Australian values and minimum English language competency (6 in IELTS)
(click to read more) citizenship changes
EMPLOYER SPONSORED PERMANENT RESIDENCE
(Employer Nomination 186 visa and Regional Sponsored Migration visa 187)
- CHANGES TO OCCUPATION LISTS – A number of changes were made to the list of occupations, which may be nominated by employers.
- WORK EXPERIENCE AND AGE LIMITS – New requirements are being introduced in the months ahead
Nominations for 186 direct entry visa applicants may only be made for occupations on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) as from 19 April 2017
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE – At least three years’ relevant work experience for 186 and 187 visa applicants’ will be required from March 2018.
- Applicants for the 186 visa via direct entry pathway must be under 45 years of age from 1 July 2017
(click to read more) Employer Sponsored
- 3 AND 5 YEAR VISITOR VISA – These visas will become available from November 3 2017.
- PARENT VISAS PROCESSING TIMES – Applicants for other than the Contributing Parent visa have virtually no chance of achieving a parent visa due to the inordinate waiting period.
(click to read more) Parent Visas
WHICH COURSE TO CHOOSE- With an eye to the future, students should give very careful attention to their chosen course to ensure they have good prospects for employment in the years ahead.
(click to read more) STUDENT VISAS