This visa process involves two stages – first a Nomination by the Australian employer and secondly a visa application for the Nominee and dependent family members.
There are three streams associated with this visa:
- Temporary Residence Transition stream – This stream is for current 457 visa holders who have been working for a Business Sponsor for the past two years and that same sponsor is now willing to nominate this person for on-going employment and full permanent residence under the Employer Nomination Scheme.
- Direct Entry stream – This stream is for employers wishing to nominate overseas skilled workers who have a minimum of three years full time work experience in the nominated occupation and have been formally skill-assessed for that occupation.
- Agreement stream – This stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.
Applicant’s requirements for this visa
A nomination by the employer must first be approved
- Principal applicant must be less than 50 years of age at time of application
- Principal applicant must meet the minimum English language requirements.
- meet the skills, experience and qualifications requirements
In certain circumstances there may be exemptions to one or more of the above requirements.